Automate Sorting and Indexing of Incoming Documents
Need to automate your mailroom, but been burned by an expensive failed Digital Mailroom project?
For many organizations, mailrooms are still where a significant amount of incoming correspondence enters. The first step in handling the correspondence – everything from invoices, purchase orders, change-of-address or other white-mail – is to identify the type of correspondence so that it can get to the right people to process it.
Delays or miss-routing is very costly because of delayed revenue, missed payment discounts, contractual penalties for slow processing, and creation of a poor market perception of the company as a whole.
Mailroom automation (digital mailroom) solutions have been around for a while, but many have fallen short. The biggest problem has been that the demos work well for small sets of documents, but the neural nets and other esoteric black-box technology simply falls apart when trying to define larger realworld types of input. The digital mailroom systems then generate so many “I don’t know” and/or miss-routings, that it is better to just go back to a manually staffed mail room.
After you (or your predecessor!) invested $100,000 or even upwards of $1,000,000 or more on a failed system, how could you possibly be willing to try again? While the cost savings and improved customer satisfaction would be great, buying another unproven system is simply out of the question.
To be willing to explore digital mailrooms again, any system would have to:
- Allow you to prove it provides you real benefits, without having to pay up front for the whole system.
- Allow you to easily understand how it works, so you don’t continually need the vendor’s services to make changes as your documents and processes change.
- Allow for ambiguous documents (ex. Automation can’t tell between change-of-address and termination-of-account letters) to be easily clarified by staff.
AliusDoc’s SCI-MAIL™ is designed specifically for identifying highly complex documents, with the following features:
- Eliminate up-front capital purchase costs with our Pay-as-you-Go plan. After you’ve proved it works, optionally convert to a traditional capital purchase for greater long-term savings.
- Identifies documents the same ways that skilled mailroom staff do, so setting up the system is easy and intuitive.
- When documents are ambiguous, allows staff to rapidly review the alternatives to pick the correct one.
- Optionally automate the indexing of identified documents at the same time.
- Seamlessly upgrades to AD-SCI™ for full document data capture.
AliusDoc is so sure our SCI-MAIL™ can handle your most complex, time-consuming, and error-prone documents that we’ll prove it to you with a FREE Proof-of-Concept (POC). Just supply us some sample documents, and we’ll show you how easy and quick it is to get dramatically better results. And, our Pay-as-you-Go plan aligns our financial success to the success of your project.
For more information on this offer, you can call Rich Caproni, AliusDoc’s Director of Strategic and Business Development directly at (781) 774-0928, or email us.